Instructor and Acting Coordinator School Library Media Certification Program
Steven Yates is an instructor in SLIS and serves as the acting coordinator of the school library media certification program.
- EdS, Library Media, University of West Alabama, 2010.
- MLIS, University of Alabama, 2006.
- MA, Communication Studies, University of Alabama, 2005.
- BA, Geology and History, University of Alabama, 2003. (Phi Beta Kappa)
- Yates, Steven. “CCRS (Clear, Concise, Resonant Speaking): Transforming Your Professional Voice!” American Association of School Librarians, Columbus, OH: November 2015.
- Yates, Steven. “Big Love: Ways the School Librarian Can Partner with Every Other Teacher in the School.” Invited Keynote Speaker. Opening Doors Workshop Series for Media Specialists: Opening Doors to Collaboration. University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Mervyn H. Sterne Library, April 2015.
- Yates, Steven, and Jim Smith. “Sustainable Training for Alabama Public Library Employees: ALLA Update.” Concurrent Session at Alabama Library Association Annual Conference, Point Clear, AL: April 2015.
- LS 500: Organization of Information
- LS 501: Introduction to Library and Information Studies
- LS 508: Administration and Management
- LS 532: School Library Media Centers
- LS 594: Introduction to Philanthropy and Institutional Advancement
Recent Professional Service Activities
- Alabama Library Association
- President, 2011-2012
- Moderator, Young Adult Services Roundtable, 2009-2010
- Alabama School Library Association
- Conference Host, 2009, 2011, 2012
- Treasurer, 2009-2011
- American Library Association
- Member, Committee on Diversity, 2013-2015
- Emerging Leader, 2010
- American Association of School Librarians
- Board Representative to the Executive Committee, 2015-2016
- Member-at-Large, Board of Directors 2014-2016
- Chair, Fall Forum 2014 Committee
- Member, National Conference 2013 Committee
- Member, Professional Development Advisory Group
- Vice Chair, ALA Annual Program Committee, 2013
- Member, ALA Annual Program Committee, 2012
- Guest Co-Editor, Knowledge Quest,40(3), January/February 2012
- Member, Editorial Board, Knowledge Quest, 2010-2013