Instructor and Communications/DE Coordinator
Steven Yates is an instructor in SLIS and coordinates communications and distance education for the school.
- EdS, Library Media, University of West Alabama, 2010.
- MLIS, University of Alabama, 2006.
- MA, Communication Studies, University of Alabama, 2005.
- BA, Geology and History, University of Alabama, 2003. (Phi Beta Kappa)
- “Children Creatively Reading Smut: Putting CCRS to Work for School Libraries.” Opening Doors 2014. University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Mervyn H. Sterne Library. April 4.
- LS 500: Organization of Information
- LS 501: Introduction to Library and Information Studies
- LS 508: Administration and Management
Recent Professional Service Activities
- Alabama Library Association
- President, 2011-2012
- Moderator, Young Adult Services Roundtable, 2009-2010
- Alabama School Library Association
- Conference Host, 2009, 2011, 2012
- Treasurer, 2009-2011
- American Library Association
- Member, Committee on Diversity, 2013-2015
- Emerging Leader, 2010
- American Association of School Librarians
- Chair, Fall Forum 2014 Committee
- Member, National Conference 2013 Committee
- Member, Professional Development Advisory Group
- Vice Chair, ALA Annual Program Committee, 2013
- Member, ALA Annual Program Committee, 2012
- Guest Co-Editor, Knowledge Quest,40(3), January/February 2012
- Member, Editorial Board, Knowledge Quest, 2010-2013